FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DO NOT rewire your bike!

Moderator: Darth Sensate

Forum rules
No fighting, or being mean etc.. Be kind to everyone and try to be supportive to new questions
<<

admin

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:43 pm

DO NOT rewire your bike!

I keep getting kits, controllers etc that are completely rewired. With different connectors all taped up etc etc. We will not take back anything what so ever that has been rewired.

There is absolutely no reason to rewire your bike. If you are an electric engineer have at it but we will NOT, test, exchange even look at parts that have been rewired.

The kits are complete and engineered to work fine with the included connectors at 36V.

There is no way for us to test them, there is no way for us to know what you did while rewiring, we have no idea of your abilities as an electronics engineer.

Please do not attempt to rewire your bike, there is absolutely no reason to do it. I continue to get black tape octopuses with Radio shack off the wall connectors and we will not accept nor replace these.

The problem is that many of you can easily do this and make it sound very easy so many customers are simply cutting all their connections and adding all new off the wall connections. Along the way they are mis connecting causing problems.

Leave them alone.. They are engineered to work flawlessly at 36V.

Before I knew better at 18 years old I owned an 82 Toyota pickup that needed a motor replacement. I didn't label anything and started pulling all of the connections loose, yanked the motor and dropped a new one in and ended up frying my wiring harness.

Many of the users on the forum make it look easy, simply because it is easy for them. DO not attempt to do this as it will void your warranty.
<<

nicobie

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:27 am

Re: DO NOT rewire your bike!

What are the people whose connectors melted because of shoddy workmanship supposed to do? Should they send them back? Would you pay the shipping both ways? :| :|

Nick
<<

admin

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:29 am

THX!!! for the kind words Nick Masson
First of all Nick you are running 48V!
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/vi ... =14&t=6999
and as far as I know you own a golden motors kit not an amped kit.
This is your bike isn't it? We have sold no kits to any nicks in Lompoc or the greater area of Santa Barbara. This is a free speech forum. I use it to make my kits as perfect as they can be. If you don't even own an Amped kit please stay out of the conversation. I have worked too hard, put too much of my own $$ into this to put up with comments like yours. Yes I'm angry. I have spent over $50k of my own $$ trying to make a quality kit that can be counted on day in and out for reliable commuting. I have an obsessive nature when it comes to my business's and I don't skip a beat.
I believe this is your bike.. A golden motors kit as we have no record of you in our files.
001-1.jpg

at 36V the bullet connectors are fine. they are 10A connectors X3 = 30amps

Its not the bullet connectors anyways.

I'm receiving completely rewired everything. they are rewiring every connection. For many people this is not a problem. For some this is their first time and the speed controller is a sensitive piece of electronics you cannot simply arc wires around looking for one that makes the wheel spin. And that is what I am receiving.. Complete bikes with all new connectors.

If you feel the need to replace the 3 bullet connectors with Anderson have at it. Just replace them with the bullet connectors if for some reason you need to ship it back for testing.

But as for the rest of the connections leave them alone.

This is my hobby, we make no profits, every little bit of income generated by our kits is invested back into the company. Replies like yours makes me angry at myself for putting soo much work into my kits then having some random guy that's not even running an amped kit. Anything in our kits that has a 1% problem is dealt with swiftly.
<<

DStame

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Danny, we appreciate all your hard work, don't let some ignorant weirdo ruin your day.
<<

Mr York

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:20 pm

I am running 36 volts and have not had any problems with melting or overheating. Everything is working like a charm :-)
<<

shafferb

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:37 pm

I've done 4 amped bike kits and currently awaiting my 5th kit (a 700c). Quality control on all has been dead on perfect, and responsiveness from Danny exemplary. I've never had a connector problem and have put Andersons on just for the battery connectors.

In a word Nick, B.I.O.Y.A
<<

mike3325

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:47 pm

The components in my kit were of high quality and Danny patiently answered even my stupidest questions while I was building. I could not ask for more.
<<

Vim

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Gotta agree, my kit has been flawless and I appreciate the work that went into putting them together. If people want to go to 48v and change connectors, either kiss your warranty goodbye or wait until it runs out. I went to 48v after the warranty ran out, and only then did I feel I needed to change any connectors for the higher volts.

Great kits, Danny! ;)
Vim
<<

admin

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Thx for the backup guys!!

Bottom line is. I cant test kits with different connectors without wasting the time to change connectors or wasting my current inventory hacking it up to test a unit that was most likely connected wrong.

Last bumped by admin on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:26 pm.

Return to General discussion